Welcome to the companion website for the second edition of Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats by Etienne Côté. Here you will find a wealth of resources, including the entire text of the book in a fully searchable format, plus an extensive database of images and videos, expanded reference lists for all Diseases and Disorders chapters, and additional chapters, tables, and algorithms as bookmarked in the printed textbook.
You will also find over 150 Client Education Sheets in both English and Spanish, including 51 of our new "How-To" Client Education Sheets. These helpful documents provide clients with specific information for how to carry out discharge instructions and monitoring at home, including advice for troubleshooting and answers to frequently asked questions.
Thank you for visiting the website. We hope you will find it complements the hardcopy edition of the book and is an equally invaluable resource.
The online version of the 2nd edition of Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats will soon no longer be available for purchase. Current registrants will continue to have access until December, 2015.
Buy the new edition today!
Clinical Veterinary Advisor:
Dogs and Cats, 3rd Edition
By Etienne Côté, DVM, DACVIM (Cardiology and Small Animal Internal Medicine)
WHAT'S NEW IN THE THIRD EDITION?
- Section I: Diseases and Disorders provides at-a-glance coverage of more than 800 common medical problems, arranged alphabetically for immediate access. Entries include a definition, synonyms, epidemiology, clinical presentation, etiology and pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, workup, treatment, prognosis and outcome, plus pearls and considerations. Concise descriptions simplify diagnosis and treatment.
- Section II: Procedures and Techniques offers illustrated, step-by-step instructions for understanding and performing 118 important clinical procedures.
- Section III: Differential Diagnosis displays nearly every possible cause for 286 different clinical disorders.
- Section IV: Laboratory Tests summarizes essential information needed for interpreting 168 lab tests.
- Section V: Clinical Algorithms provides decision trees for the diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making processes involved in managing 91 of the most common clinical conditions/disorders.
- Section VI: Drug Formulary is a compilation of dosages and other relevant information for more than 500 new and current medications.
- 410 illustrations and photographs depict disease processes and related concepts.
- A companion website includes the complete text of the book in a fully searchable format, allowing quick access to information, and all of the book's images. It also includes 150 Client Education Sheets, each available in both English and Spanish, and 148 bonus online-only chapters